I can’t believe it’s already the end of April. I don’t know where the time went, but I hope you had a great week!
With less than a month left of school before break, I thought it would be nice to write some monthly goals for May – and for each month after for that matter. 🙂
It’ll be a chance to think about what I want to improve on and change (large or small), and inspire me to do new things! So, here it goes…
1. (Please) Sleep and wake up earlier
- This is something I really need to do (I am currently writing this at 1 in the morning). I’m definitely a night person – I get a lot of things done at night. Unfortunately, society doesn’t fit my schedule… Because I’ve been having 8am classes 2 days a week for the past 2 semesters, some days I wake up early in a panic thinking I’m late for class (so I end up having 3-4 hours of sleep), and other days I sleep as late as I can – which makes me feel like I missed out on so much of the day.
- Next month I’m going to try to get as much done as I can throughout the day (which means less Netflix) and sleep early so I’d have enough sleep when I wake up early.
2. Be more active / Get more exercise
- Living in New York City does force me to walk everywhere, but I need to allocate more time for exercise. This isn’t just to burn fat, but it’ll also help me to be more energized throughout the day (which will also help me with #1, so it’s a win-win).
- This semester I started swimming at the school pool, and I’m so glad I did, but I’d like to go more often from now on – at least 3-5 times a week. I went to the gym last year, but I prefer to swim, just because I think it gives me more of a full-body exercise and I really like swimming.
- I guess with finals week coming up in a few weeks, I may not be able to go as often as I’d like, but maybe that’s just another excuse…
3. (last one) Eat HEALTHY!
- To be fair, I’ve been trying to eat healthier, but it’s so hard. I definitely have a love-hate relationship with food. So, I thought meal prepping would help. This Sunday I’m going to try to cook some *healthy* food that will last me a week, so that I won’t be tempted to eat out so much.
- I also need to do something about the UNhealthy snacks I love too much. I’m planning on replacing chocolate with fruit, and chips with … um… I’m not quite sure.. 😦
- Honestly this is the one goal I know I’ll have trouble with. If you have any tips please let me know 🙂
These goals are for sure more long-term goals, so I figured I should start early. I’ll give an update on how things went next month! What are some things you’d like to work on?